How Our Program Works
Congratulations! You’ve already taken the first step toward improved health by considering our program.
Complete Pre-Screening Form
The first new patient clinic will include an individual evaluation with one of our medical professionals, as well as one of our behavioral health staff members. We’ll get to know you and find out how we can help you attain your goals for better health.
What is a New Patient Clinic?
A new patient clinic is a complete medical and behavioral health assessment to gather basic information including body mass index (BMI), diagnosed conditions related to your weight, and assessment for conditions like high blood pressure, heart disease, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, diabetes, and lifestyle or behavioral health-related conditions. It will include:
- Diagnostic testing such as a laboratory work-up, EKG, sleep study and cancer screenings.
- Lifestyle assessment to identify specific barriers to weight loss and provide appropriate self-management tools to monitor progress and develop healthy coping skills.
- Nutrition assessment to gauge current nutritional health, metabolism and body composition.
- Physical assessment of heart health, muscle strength, flexibility, mobility and balance.
- Diabetes education to learn the seven principles to managing your diabetes.
- Group education to provide necessary skills for success with weight-loss and weight maintenance.
- Medications for weight loss (if indicated)
- Weight loss surgery (if indicated)
- Support Groups
What happens after the New Patient Clinic?
Once you complete the New Patient Clinic, our physician-led team will share a comprehensive summary of findings with you. Based on the findings, you and your team develop a customized treatment plan to address your needs and health goals. Your treatment plan will likely utilize a variety of services available within Memorial Health System and could include:
Your team will monitor the following during your journey with the Memorial Weight Loss & Wellness Center:
- Effectiveness of your personalized treatment plan
- Personal satisfaction with your progress
- Health status
- Quality of life improvement